Re: KDE status report (again)?

On Wed, Oct 01, 2003 at 12:28:16PM -0500, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 28, 2003 at 05:45:25PM -0500, Chris Cheney wrote:
> > On Sun, Sep 28, 2003 at 03:38:46AM -0400, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
> > > Is it the remaining glibc bugs? (203303, for instance.  Or the hppa
> > > breakage.)
> >
> > There are still 12 RC bugs on glibc, however they don't seem to be
> > affecting KDE being compiled on sid. They will of course keep everything
> > from migrating to sarge until they are forced in again.
>
> No, they won't: glibc bugs only stop packages migrating to testing when
> libc6.shlibs differs between testing and unstable, which is not the case
> at the moment.

Ok, I forgot to check shlibs. 8)

> KDE should have relatively few external reasons for being held out of
> testing now, I think. Internal reasons I hope you're dealing with. :)

Right now the only thing holding up KDE afaik is getting Qt 3.2.1-5 to
build on mips/m68k. mips needs manual intervention by rmurray to fix the
mips buildd and rebuild Qt. After that I need to reupload arts/kdelibs
with fixed autostuff for arm and it should be good to go.

> > > I ask partly because I'm really eager to get KDE 3 into testing, and
> > > partly cause I can sometimes do something about gcc bugs.
> >
> > Me too. :)
> >
> > I am going to try to upload kdebase tonight if I feel up to it.
>
> A new kdebase would be great; we might be able to start the countdown to
> testing then, or at least see more clearly what needs to be done. I'll
> try to produce a KDE testing status report at some point similar to the
> one I did for Python recently.

Hopefully I will be able to upload kdebase by ~ Oct 6, the problem with
the mips buildd may cause it to take longer though.

Chris