Re: qt-copy/debian

On Donnerstag, 5. Juni 2003 11:13, Ben Burton wrote:
> Sorry about the delay on this, my thesis kind of took up all my recent
> time.
>
> > About those stupid headers - is Recommends enough to make everyone stop
> > nagging ?
>
> Makes me happy.
>
> > In the meanwhile unstable is in a state where the maintainers know
> > where to use compat-headers and where they don't have to (which is what
> > was desired).
>
> If this is all that was desired then choosing a strategy that breaks
> package builds, causes mass confusion amongst users (which it did) and
> essentially cripples the Qt development environment as defined by
> trolltech is a difficult way of doing something that could just as easily
> have been done by running fixincludes over a series of packages and
> filing a few bugs.
>
> I'm honestly not trying to continually have a go at you, I just *really*
> want this fixed before we release sarge and have the same mass confusion
> all over again from the users who track stable.

Ok. I also found some minor things that we can also change - use the
.qmake.cache file in /usr/share/qt3/.qmake.cache directly instead of just
providing it in the doc section for libqt3-mt-dev and libqt3-dev. TT
confirmed that configure has a bug in producing a proper qconfig.h which will
be fixed in Qt 3.2 beta 2; from there we'll backport this to our Qt build
plus fixing the compat-headers to set them on Recommends for libqt3-headers.

Ralf

> Ben. :)

Ralf Nolden
nolden@kde.org