Re: Installing lyx-qt on KDE 3.1.1

On Sunday 25 May 2003 10:46, Sebastian Muszynski wrote:
> On Sunday 25 May 2003 08:28, Emre Isik wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I have KDE 3.1.1 running on woody and I want to install lyx-qt 1.3.1-5, a
> > qt-frontend for the high-level word processor for LaTeX. There's an unmet
> > dependency, namely,
> > libqt3c102-mt (>= 3:3.1.1) Qt GUI Library (Threaded runtime version).
> > When I try to install this library, however, apt-get decides to remove
> > all the KDE 3.1.1 packages and install other ones as copied below. So I
> > prefer not to install the library, of course.
>
> You are running a stable (woody) system probable with KDE from
> http://download.us.kde.org/pub/kde/stable/latest/Debian/ (stable, too).
>
> Now you try to install something from unstable. lyx ist compiled against
> libqt3c102-mt and not you libqt3-mt from kde.org. So apt wants remove
> your "old" libqt3-mt for upgrading to libqt3c102-mt but the whole kde
> stuff depends on it and there is your problem.
>
> You have to capabilities to solve the problem. Either you upgrade to
> testing/unstable or - the better one - you rebuild the package against
> your libqt3. ('apt-get -b source lyx')
>
> Good luck!
>
> Sebastian
>
> PS. Indeed it's not necessary to recompile KOffice. You can get it for
> woody from:
> ftp://download.us.kde.org/pub/kde/stable/koffice-latest/Debian/woody/

Thank you very much, Sebastian, I've learnt a couple of essentials thanks to
you. Most question marks have gone in my mind about the way apt-get works.
I've added deb-src's into sources.list, then after a very long compilation
process automake1.7 has created the debs, out of which I've installed LyX and
its libraries in success. It works. Thanks a lot again.
--
Emre Isik