Re: kde 3.1.1a upgrade

>HI, I have recently upgraded kde 2.2.2 to 3.1.1a by adding :
>deb http://download.us.kde.org/pub/kde/stable/latest/Debian stable main,
>to my /etc/apt/sources.list, then I did
>apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade
>it downloaded and installed fine but, in the menu thing like gimp, and
whole
>menu categories like applications, games, Debain categories, were all
gone.
>How do I fix that?
>Thank you very much for any replies,
>Zim

These are controlled by Debians own menu tools, which is usually included
and should be called during the postinst scripts. try running, as root,
update-menus If this doesn't exist, apt-cache search update-menus should
tell you which package it's in. apt-get install that and you should be O.K.

I thought MSN was the main distributors of viruses (-;

Cheers,

      John Gay