KDE 3.1.1 for woody

Hi all,

I only want a clue regarding how to install KDE 3.1.1 binaries into woody (3.0r0) without any serious problems. Presently I use gnome2 and have just removed kde2 (dpkg -r kde). The following command that I entered has returned with an installation process with too many errors (mainly due to conflicting packages and that kde2 files were not completely removed), thus has halted.

/opt#  dpkg -i -R --auto-deconfigure ./kde3/*

Emre Isik (PhD student in astrophysics and linux newbie) -Dept. of Physics, Akdeniz University (where there's not EVEN a newbie!!), Antalya, Turkey