Re: Kmplayer not interfacing with arts

On Fri, May 02, 2003 at 02:56:49PM -0400, Jim Mahood wrote:
-snip-
> Funny... Marillat refuses to package mplayer with arts support:
>
> " I don't intent to build mplayer (or my others unofficial packages) against
> libarts1 because this library is now a multimedia (sic) library and thus
> should depends on libqt. The Debian maintainer don' intent #186355 to split
> this library like before... "
>
> #186355: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?archive=no&bug=186355

<rant>

Its very obvious the only real reason he doesn't build against it is due
to the fact that it is a KDE library. His mplayer is already linked to
various other things like say... the GNOME libs, and other useless
things like aalib. He also seems to find it amusing to file various RC
bugs against some of my other packages and reopen them even when the
Debian Release Manager has already said its not a bug. Also for anyone
who doesn't already know yet Marillat is the primary GNOME maintainer
for debian (which might explain his animosity towards anything KDE
related?).

</rant>

The last I had heard upstream KDE was considering either making arts go
away entirely or having it depend on Qt much more for the KDE 3.2
release. I don't know if they have finally made a decision on this
however.

Chris