standalone artsd

Hi!

I wonder if there is a standalone package of artsd available.

One of my computers is running KDE. The second computer is a Xless server (no
graphic card/monitor). I know that it's possible to use arts (artsdsp) to
redirect sound played on the server via network to the KDE-machine (which has
an arts-daemon running, network transparency enabled).

So i tried to install arts on my server too. Unfortunatley, libarts1 depends
on xlibs and libqt3-mt. Are xlibs or qt3 really essential for libarts1 ?
Maybe xlibs is essential because of the X authentification feature?

On www.arts-project.org/aol/1-download.html they say that there is also a
'standalone version', which does not require KDE. So my hope is, that it even
does not require qt3?

Henning