Re: Odd pauses with KDE 3

On Wednesday 30 April 2003 18:29, Craig Dickson wrote:
> On my only sid KDE 3 machine, I notice that the entire system seems to
> pause for a few seconds at a time. Launching a new Konqueror process (I

It's knotify. It keeps getting loaded up each time. Normally it should just
run in the background quietly by itself, but the new libstdc++5 package
(pre6) breaks it and it crashes just after it loads. So it keeps getting
loaded over and over...

Solution - downgrade to the pre5 package until the next version's out. :)

--
Doug Neal
Birmingham University, UK