Re: konqueror crashes when quitting

On Fri, Feb 07, 2003 at 12:35:23PM +0100, Hendrik Sattler wrote:
> Am Freitag, 7. Februar 2003 11:44 schrieb bb:
> > On Thursday 06 February 2003 01:43, Hendrik Sattler wrote:
> > > Why would I store important user data like the default address book,
> > > bookmarks and all that in a hidden directory where the user has to search
> > > very hard if the structure philosophy is unknown?
> >
> > is it really so hard to find these files? IMHO it isn't ... ;)
>
> Yes, because IIRC even in konq, default view is to not show hidden files.

Just as modifying/deleting hidden files is not the default reason why
they exist.

So all day use of a program means _using_ not configuring it - showing
these files in nonspecial cases by default would break the concept of
delimination of the configuration and the usage part.

Moreover strange application behaviour caused by bugs is _not_ the
_default_ wanted behaviour. Therefore the "design" of the file/directory
structure used by an application is (or should be) based on ease of use
primarily - nothing else.

Björn