Re: Where are default fonts specified?

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003, Ricardo Galli wrote:

> On Monday 10 November 2003 23:57, A.R. (Tom) Peters shaped the electrons
> to shout:
> > Does anyone know where in Debian default fonts for X are set?
>
> Standard old X applications? Or a new, fontconfig based one?
>
> For the last case, check /etc/fonts/

I guess a standard old X application.  It is Xfinans, a third-party
contribution that I compiled locally.  Nothing changed in the binary, it
must be some config file maintained by Debian that changed its appearance.

No /etc/fonts/, but in /etc/X11/fonts/ there are plenty aliases.
XF86Config-4 has a fontpath set (to subdirs of /usr/lib/X11/fonts/) but no
default font is specified there.

I do have xfs running.

--

	Tom Peters