Re: Debianizing Debian's GNOME/KDE a bit more

On Monday 27 October 2003 11:33, Gustavo Noronha Silva wrote:
> Hello people,
>
> I've been playing with desktop-base and Colin Walters gave the package
> to me. I'm thinking where should it go to accomplish its goals.
>
> I would like to have comments on the approach I'm using and if it's
> too intrusive, and how we can colaborate. I'm more into GNOME, and
> would like to have someone who deals with KDE close to me on this
> task, as if I understand it correctly, the package is to serve both
> desktops (and more, who knows).
>
> My current work is here:
>
> http://people.debian.org/~kov/gnome/
>
> It surely has problems (It's probably not going to work alright if
> gnome-session is not installed, I guess... should fix it soon).
>
> What do you think?

I would like kde not to depend on gnome. Currently I don't have any of the
gnome stuff installed and I don't like having software installed that I don't
need to use. If it is not installed then something can't go wrong with it. :)
Also it is fewer stuff to update that way and those updates can be pretty big
sometimes.