Re: kdeartwork kdeartwork-theme-desktop kdebase kdeprint kept back

On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 08:44:55 +0300, Mihalis I. Tsoukalos wrote:

>On Thu, Oct 23, 2003 at 02:19:00AM +0100, Nick Boyce wrote:
[...]
>> the standard advice is that you must run
>>    apt-get dist-upgrade
>> rather than
>>    apt-get upgrade
>> As an example, IIUC "upgrade" will never *remove* an existing package
>> from your system if it conflicts with one of the new packages to be
>> installed - however "dist-upgrade" *will* do that, and will do
>> anything else necessary to ensure the upgrade you requested does
>> actually happen.

>Still no luck I think.
[...]
>home:~# apt-get dist-upgrade
>  Reading Package Lists... Done
>  Building Dependency Tree... Done
>  Calculating Upgrade... Done
>  The following NEW packages will be installed:
>    efax kdeartwork-theme-icon kdewallpapers
>    3 packages upgraded, 3 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0  not
>    upgraded.
>    Need to get 9121kB of archives. After unpacking 365kB will be used.
>    Do you want to continue? [Y/n] Y

So what's the problem there ?   That looks as if apt-get is about to
do what you asked for.  What actually happened next ?

>> If what I've just said doesn't help, then give us more information on
>> what kind of update/upgrade you're actually trying to do (and tell us
>> which Debian release you're using).
>
> What else can I do?

Which Debian release are you running ?
Which KDE release do you have installed to begin with ?
Which KDE release are you trying to upgrade to ?
Which apt-get sources.list lines are you using ?

Nick Boyce
Bristol, UK
--
Stenderup's Law:
The sooner you fall behind, the more time you will have to catch up.