Re: Some symbols can't not be shown under KDE 3.1.4 and CVS Head.

On Sunday 12 October 2003 17:44, Josep Febrer wrote:
> > > The screenshot was taken in the current sid, dist-upgraded few hours
> > > ago.
> >
> > Here is my snapshot of your konqueror next my konqueror displaying the
> > same thing. Not only does my Konqueror display the accented characters
> > correctly without LD_BIND_NOW it also displays the quotes correctly. This
> > bug is very strange. :\
>
> I don't have any problems with "typographics quotes" on Konqueror:
>
> http://www.idomenorca.com/~josep/imatges/konq.jpg
>
> I also use sid, XFree 4.3 from experimental and KDE 3.1.4 from
> KDE_3_1_BRANCH, and to me Qt 3.2 is a lot better with fonts than 3.1.

Can you show me your locales? I see the same problem in one desktop and two
laptops, one with es_ES@euro locales (tried also "C") and the other with
ca_ES@euro. The three with xfree 4.3 from experimental.

Perhaps you use UTF8 too? Did you try msttcorefonts (Arial...)?

Do you use defoma? Could you show me you fonts paths?

Thank you.

--
  ricardo galli