Re: Spam because of this list

On Monday 06 October 2003 11:47, Antiphon wrote:
> Munging does not mean only removing the domain. It can be simply a matter
> of making joe@user.or.jp into joe at user dot or dot jp. That's not too
> hard for someone to figure out.

If I have to figure it out then I won't reply. I get thousands of email a day
and reply to some of them to help people. There are so many that I could
reply to anyone that makes my life just a little more difficult will not get
a reply. Also do you honestly think that the bots are not smart enough to
deal with that?

'joe at user dot or dot jp'.replace(' dot ','.').replace(' at ', '@')

Paste that into a python interpreter and you will see that one line fixes that
address just fine. It is silly to think that address harvesters don't have
lots of ways of fixing email addresses. Only the complex ones will have much
chance of working and only so long as lots of people don't use them otherwise
it will just be programmed in as another type of email address to convert.