Re: Debian KDE 3 packages using a different kde_htmldir

On Fri, May 16, 2003 at 02:23:06PM +0200, Dominique Devriese wrote:
>   Ralf> I wouldn't change anything on the current setup - you can
>   Ralf> install the packages but you can also, alongside, compile your
>   Ralf> own CVS and applications into /usr/local (did that here and it
>   Ralf> works fine)
>
> Agreed.  However, I think that we should maybe try to start a
> discussion on kde-core-devel about the KDE install paths policy, so
> that it might get fixed in KDE 4.

It would also be nice to get rid of some of the dlopen crap in KDE4.
Right now there are kparts that are being used as both a library and a
kpart at the same time so the .la file is required to be in /usr/lib.
Also getting rid of the degenerate shared objects for regular binaries
now that prelink exists would be nice. Another thing that needs to be
done is the creation of an arts plugin directory, right now all its
plugins are being dumped directly into /usr/lib.  There are probably
other issues with KDE that I am just forgetting at the moment.

Chris