Re: DSA-293-1, DSA-284-1

lördagen den 26 april 2003 11.22 skrev Noèl Köthe:

> Shouldn't we change from the one-maintainer-who-is
> doing-the-whole-kde-core-stuff to a small team like other successfull
> big packages (openoffice, gcc, libc,...)?

I that that is an excellent idea. In my opinion KDE is just too big to
maintain for one person, unless that person is a full time employee working
on nothing else than packaging KDE for debian. It is just not one debian
package, it is many. MANY.

One person working on it has to take shortcuts to reduce the workload. But on
the other hand, one person gets an excellent overview of it.

The learning curve for packaging KDE is a steep cliff. Once you are on top of
it, you might already be burned out. You are not going to feel like to be on
the top of the world. :-)

I am happily using my own version of KDE packages for debian, so actually, I
don't care that much who maintains it for SID. Whoever is going to take over
when the current maintainers are burnt out, is also going to get burnt out,
like them before. This unless it is changed into a team effort.

Karolina