DSA-293-1, DSA-284-1

DSA-284-1 and DSA-293-1 both state

	  For the unstable distribution (sid) this problem will be
	  fixed soon.

What exactly is "soon", and what is holding this back? A fix has been
available for ages now.

Yes, yes, yes I know that people are doing this on their spare time (thanks!)
and that this is what comes from running unstable..

All I'm asking is at least a comment on the issue - are we waiting for
GCC 5.7 and XFree 8.5 to hit unstable along with Kernel 2.8.21 or only
until the first KMail worm declares "Kindly open the attached PDF file"?

regards,
Volker

--
philosophy:
	The ability to bear with calmness the misfortunes of our friends.