Re: kio_audiocd

> AFAIK a
>
> cdparanoia -vsQ
>
> must find a drive when autodetection is enabled.

Does the plugin (or cdparanoia) require more than read permissions?  Does
it have different permission requirements than, say kscd, or a non-KDE
ripping app such as grip?? Both those programs can (when run as a user)
play or rip CD's without complaint on my system, and can also get freedb
lookups.

However, audiocd:/ works only as root. I'm not sure what audiocd:/ does
that would require different permissions than the other programs.

So, what permissions are required to run audiocd:/?? It seems to be more
than just read permission for the device.

Bruce