Re: Printing TT fonts from KDE Apps

On Sun, Mar 16, 2003 at 01:07:59PM -0500, Bruce wrote:

> My problem is that truetype fonts, when used in KDE apps, display
> properly (antialiased or not), but, depending on which app I am
> printing from, either print out as helvetica (or something similar),
> or as jagged bitmaps reminiscent of Windows 2.2 without ATM (for those
> of you who recall the late 80's).

Hi,

I have the opposite problem. Printing from KDE is fine and works
beautifully, but printing from OOo into a PS file, and converting this
PS file into PDF, makes the PDF huge (we're talking about 1-2MB for a
single page file without graphics), and the fonts look like they've been
compressed with JPEG at quality level "ultra low".

When I print from OOo in Windows, into Acrobat, the resulting PDF is
10kb and the fonts look fine. (No matter what fonts I use, PDF built-ins
are always fine, of course, but also Tahoma works).

How can I change this? I need to be able to publish Office files as PDF.

--
mfg, Jens Benecke

In the days of 'freedom fries' etc, I'm waiting for the day where the
liberty statue is returned to its creator.

http://www.rb-hosting.de - Webhosting mit Extras
Werbefreies Hosting ab €7 - SSH-Zugang ab €19 - Günstiger Traffic