Re: Printing TT fonts from KDE Apps

On Sun, Mar 16, 2003 at 01:07:59PM -0500, Bruce wrote:

> My problem is that truetype fonts, when used in KDE apps, display
> properly (antialiased or not), but, depending on which app I am
> printing from, either print out as helvetica (or something similar),
> or as jagged bitmaps reminiscent of Windows 2.2 without ATM (for those
> of you who recall the late 80's).

I have the opposite problem. Printing from KDE is fine and works
beautifully, but printing from OOo into a PS file, and converting this
PS file into PDF, makes the PDF huge (we're talking about 1-2MB for a
single page file without graphics), and the fonts look like they've been
compressed with JPEG at quality level "ultra low".

When I print from OOo in Windows, into Acrobat, the resulting PDF is
10kb and the fonts look fine. (No matter what fonts I use, PDF built-ins
are always fine, of course, but also Tahoma works).

How can I change this? I need to be able to publish Office files as PDF.

mfg, Jens Benecke
In the days of 'freedom fries' etc, I'm waiting for the day where the
liberty statue is returned to its creator.
http://www.rb-hosting.de - Webhosting mit Extras
Werbefreies Hosting ab €7 - SSH-Zugang ab €19 - Günstiger Traffic