Re: KDE woody debs on CD ?

Ralf Nolden wrote:

Hi,

I'd like to ask around wether people would be interested in buying a CD with my woody debs that can be used with apt-cdrom add and then install the whole stuff on a stock woody system.
I don't mind to buy the cd as long as I can afford it :-)

The reason for this question is that a) it's a tremendous amount of work and b) I can argument with my boss that I need to continue that work :-) and c) we could support the KDE e.V. who is running the KDE servers and providing the services for KDE as well as organizing meetings (like the big developer meeting planned for August this year) with the money.
I mean, you could make direct contributions here:

http://www.kde.org/support/support.php

but a CD and/or a CD ISO image in exchange wouldn't be too bad either.
Yeah... I know and I wanna thank you for that. The problem, though, is that the cd
quickly becomes obselete as the new version arrives.
And there is nothing you can do about it except to throw it away.
The issue here isn't about the money, but a waste of resources....

There should be a more thorough solution to address that problem.
It can be like one time fee for accessing your repository or the cd that people purchased before can be exchanged with the new one plus 5 Euro/Dollars additional upgrades fee...

My suggestions sound probably controversial, they are only my opinion anyway. :-)

Yuhanes