Re: Still with the QT problems ...

On Tue, 2003-02-25 at 17:21, David Bishop wrote:
> The only possible explanation is that your default compiler is different from
> what qt was compiled with.  This would happen if, for example, you are using
> some weird mixture of sid and karolina's packages.  To get rid of her
> packages, run this:
> dpkg -l | grep \+kl | sudo xargs dpkg --purge
>
> Then, after also making sure that you no longer have the wh9 line in your
> sources file, reinstall qt and kde.  Then, it will work.
>
> Finally, I guess, run g++ --version from the commandline to make sure that it
> returns 3.2.3.  If it doesn't, then you have to find out why.

<GULP>
I have a nasty feeling you are right! Since it's my work machine, this
may have to wait. Wouldn't this sort itself out without the
re-installation of kde if I just comment out the Karolina line in the
sources.list? Surely after a while, each of the Karolina packages would
be upgraded and overwritten by the latest Sid stuff as it appears, thus
fixing the problem??