Re: Still with the QT problems ...

See below ...

On Tuesday 25 February 2003 18:21, David Bishop wrote:
> The only possible explanation is that your default compiler is different
> from what qt was compiled with.  This would happen if, for example, you are
> using some weird mixture of sid and karolina's packages.  To get rid of her
> packages, run this:
> dpkg -l | grep \+kl | sudo xargs dpkg --purge
>
> Then, after also making sure that you no longer have the wh9 line in your
> sources file, reinstall qt and kde.  Then, it will work.
>
> Finally, I guess, run g++ --version from the commandline to make sure that
> it returns 3.2.3.  If it doesn't, then you have to find out why.

This is a fresh install of Debian sid using the official KDE 3.1 packages. I
did 'dpkg -l  grep \+kl' just to be sure, and it came up with nothing. gcc
--version returns 'gcc (GCC) 3.2.3 20030221 (Debian prerelease)' so
everything looks ok in that regard as well.

Earlier today I used a spare machine for a fresh install of Sid with KDE and
the necessary QT packages and ran into the same problem. Perhaps it's
something I'm doing wrong, though I can't fathom what that might be.

--
Shane House
aka Zoso