Re: strange problem with KDE Systemmessages (Sounds)

* Josef Spillner schrieb am 17.02.03 um 22:09 Uhr:
> On Monday 17 February 2003 11:36, Marc Schiffbauer wrote:
> > In Konsole for example if I press backspace while I am at the
> > beginning of the command line it normally beeps because I am already
> > at thet beginning.
>
> Most of the time this is exactly the desired behaviour, to not get on other
> people's nerves :-)
>
> Bash uses readline, which is configured using /etc/inputrc and ~/.inputrc.
> Add to it:
> set bell-style audible
> Or remove 'set bell-style none' if present.

Hi Josef,

that does not seem to be the problem. KTouch for example uses this
beep when you mistyped something which also does not work here...

-Marc

--
BUGS My programs  never  have  bugs.  They  just  develop  random
     features.  If you discover such a feature and you want it to
     be removed: please send an email to bug at links2linux.de