strange problem with KDE Systemmessages (Sounds)

Hi all,

i have a strange Problem here:

The normal "System-Bell" does not work anymore.

In Konsole for example if I press backspace while I am at the
beginning of the command line it normally beeps because I am already
at thet beginning.

The bellsysmbol below the window shows this too. But I do not hear
anything.

Now the strange part:
(I use a localized version (de) so, translation may not fit
completely)

Sound works generally.

Controllcenter -> Sound & Multimedia -> System Messages

There is one entry for this systembell (KDE_Beep_Beep.wav)
When I click on ">" to test it, it works! I can hear it!

Now I configured it to show a Message Window as well for this event.
But it will also not appear...

Then I tried to configure a sound for every system event. The KDE
start and stop events work very well. I hear a sound at login and
when on logout as well.

I configured artsd to shoew debugging Messages. But It does not show
any error messages...

Now

Controllcenter -> Sound & Multimedia -> System Bell
When I enable "Use beep instead of system messages" and test it,
this does *not* work too!

And
echo -ne "\a" does also not work.

I think this may be related. But how?

Any hints someone?

-Marc
--
begin  LOVE-LETTER-FOR-YOU.txt.vbs
I am a signature virus. Distribute me until the bitter