Re: kmix doesn't show anything

hi, i just fixed the problem. added audio group to my user.
simple.. thanks to all of you that helped
Joel Alexandre

mailing wrote:

Joel Alexandre wrote:

hi, i've just installed my sound card(ac97) with kudzo.
as root there are no problems, but as a user i couldn't access /dev/dsp. so i changed the permissions of /dev/dsp and now it works. The problem is that the sound is too low and i can't use kmix to change the volume. i just open it but it doesn't show anything. maybe it's some permission problems, but i don't know what to change. As root kmix works perfectly.
could someone help. thanks
Joel Alexandre

Change the permissions of  /dev/mixer

harobed