Re: Report: Upgrade KDE 2.2.2 To 3.1 On Woody

On Donnerstag, 13. Februar 2003 03:07, Nick Boyce wrote:

> In fact, I'm cc'ing Ralf as I note that he has this comment at
> http://ktown.kde.org/~nolden/kde/ :
>
>   "If you have a set of conflicts from the original
>   Woody version 2.2.2 to KDE 3.1, let me know so this
>   can be inserted here"
>
> Also, there's a need for the correct Woody 2.2.2==>3.1 upgrade
> instructions to be documented somewhere.  Ralf's site just says :
>
>   Updating from 2.2.2 to 3.1:
>   ---------------------------
>   <needs to be filled out with contents here>
>
> and David Pashley's FAQ doesn't have any guidance, other than saying
> it should be possible, and asking for problems to be reported here.
>
> I'm trying to help here, in my own stumbling way :-)
In fact I didn't update that as Calc is now adding KDE to sid with proper
conflicts. Qt has been reworked since almost 4 weeks now so it is to be
considered a perfect set of packages. We even managed to make all of the
examples and tutorials work for Qt, Designer and Linguist that will just
require the user to install qt3-examples (in accordance with qt2-examples),
tar xzvf /usr/share/doc/qt3-examples/qt3-examples.tar.gz; cd qt3-examples;
./build-examples.

The only exception is that qconfig.h does not really contain all the defines
that are necessary, which is a bug in the configure script of Qt. Therefore
compiling the examples which derive from QWindowsStyle (or any style) won't
work.

Ralf

> Cheers,
>
> Nick Boyce
> Bristol, UK
> --
> Bombeck's Rule of Medicine: Never go to a doctor whose office plants have
> died.

- --
Ralf Nolden
nolden@kde.org