Re: KDE problem with .Xresources

> So after login I can see from log files that my .Xresources is loaded, but
> when I run xrdb -query those information are non here, but a lot of other
> things are loaded.

I think this has been broken for a long time.  I sent it to debian-kde last
year (http://lists.debian.org/debian-kde/2002/debian-kde-200206/msg00034.html).
There's a cheesy work-around in that message.

Since then, three people have emailed me about it.  One, Steve Tate,
even debugged it and came up with another workaround:

> I just looked though the KDE source enough to find what was happening
> and to fix it (somewhat).  It seems that instead of doing an "xrdb
> -merge" like they should, they concatenate some files together
> themselves and do a simple "xrdb".  That would have worked for me,
> except they use the old-fashioned .Xdefaults file instead of
> .Xresources for their merge.  I put in a link from .Xdefaults to
> .Xresources so that it opens my resources, and voila, problem solved.

I think he was also going to file a proper bug report, but I don't
know whether that happened or not.

Bjorn