Re: New packages & changes

* Ralf Nolden schrieb am 22.01.03 um 07:51 Uhr:

> On Mittwoch, 22. Januar 2003 01:12, Tom Badran wrote:
> > On Tuesday 21 Jan 2003 11:33 pm, Ralf Nolden wrote:
> > > As a side notice: gpg-agent doesn't exit when you leave your X session.
> > > To kill it, place a script chmod 755 into ~/.kde/shutdown (I should make
> > > a note to that trick, too on my README).
> >
> > I was just using:
> >
> > killall gpg-agent
> > eval `gpg-agent --daemon`
> >
> > .. to start gpg-agent and make sure its 'fresh' ;). I couldnt get my
> > .xsession to do anything so i just put that in /usr/bin/startkde after the
> > ksplash line.
>
> On the matter of ~/.xsession - If you have a look into
>
> cat /etc/X11/Xsession.d/99xfree86-common_start
>
> does it say:
>
> exec $REALSTARTUP
>
> or
>
> exec "$REALSTARTUP"
>
> ? The latter is wrong but appeared in some versions of XFree shipped with
> debian AFAIK, but I only have the first one which should work (which is XFree
> 4.2.1). If that works for you to change this, I'd add that to the README too.

This is correct here (exec $REALSTARTUP). I'm trying to make
gpg-agent start on login but this seems more difficult than I
thought.

Putting an

eval "$(gpg-agent --daemon)"

into my ~/.xsession does not help. gpg-agent is not running after
login. .xsession is executable.

Then I tried to put a small Script into ~/.kde/Autostart. Now
gpg-agent is running after login, but KDE knows nothing about the
GPG_AGENT_INFO variable (tested with Alt-F2 --> env > /tmp/env.log)

Any hints on how to make that work?

-Marc

Take back the Net! http://www.anti-dmca.org