Solved! was: Got my hands dirty and broke my leg (compiling qt-copy)

Achim Bohnet wrote:
On Wednesday 22 January 2003 11:16, J. Woch wrote:

Hi folks,

in a pathetic attempt to be useful in some way I decided to dig into KDE development. So I broke my leg at the very first step: compiling qt-copy :-) Doing exactly what README.qt-copy told me, I'm getting this on Debian/unstable:

Exactly ?  Are you really sure?   Try grep YACC README.qt-copy  ;-)
yacc never worked for me.  byacc always did.

README.qt-copy suggests to export YACC="byacc -d"
This, however, doesn't solve anything, but additionally installing the package byacc does. :-) Then again, the make process insists on calling yacc instead of byacc (ignoring $YACC), so I had to change that by hand.

Thanks to all,
Jens