Re: New packages & changes

> > >                                                  ^---- should be :1 :2 :3
> > > not :1 :1 :1
> > >
> > > Maybe a note would not bad that multiple X servers need N times the
> > > graphic memory (something like N * 4 * Xres * Yres * (32bpp / 8) bytes
> > > with dri AFAIR)  Depending on the screen size 64 MB are nothing ;)
> >
> > That means, if you have an AGP aperture size of 32 mb it will take another 32
> > mb also  for AGP cards ? Or is that only limited to this calculation ?
>
> Sorry I don't understand what you mean.     Here's my case maybe this help.
> worked on :0 and with DIR enabled.   I once setup a second display :1 on the
> same Radeon APG card to login into an test account.  I wondered why it
> was much slower.  Checking /var/log/Xfree.1.log told me not enough memory
> for DRI.
>

> > > Just another topic for your README file is  how to start  ssh-askpass-gnome
> > > on session login.   AFAIR I've lost this when I purge 2.2.2 for 3.0 update.
> > > Maybe someone has a good idea how to integrate this into kdm the debian
> > > way.
> > I never used 2.2.2 on woody so I don't know what's the specifics there and
> > what ssh-askpass-gnome is. Could you come up with more details and an
> > explanation what ssh-askpass-gnome is ?
>
> From the manpages:
>
> NAME
>      ssh-add - adds RSA or DSA identities to the authentication agent
> [...]
> ENVIRONMENT
>      DISPLAY and SSH_ASKPASS
>              If ssh-add needs a passphrase, it will read the passphrase from
>              the current terminal if it was run from a terminal.  If ssh-add
>              does not have a terminal associated with it but DISPLAY and
>              SSH_ASKPASS are set, it will execute the program specified by
>              SSH_ASKPASS and open an X11 window to read the passphrase.  This
>              is particularly useful when calling ssh-add from a .Xsession or
>              related script.  (Note that on some machines it may be necessary
>              to redirect the input from /dev/null to make this work.)
>
> [...]
ach@lost(0) ~ $ apt-cache search ssh-askpass
ssh-askpass-gnome - under X, asks user for a passphrase for ssh-add
ssh-askpass - under X, asks user for a passphrase for ssh-add

> gnome-ssh-askpass just ask for a the ssh passphrase and on 'okay'
> writes it to stdout + \n.  On cancel nothing is writen.
>
> So setting SSH_ASPASS after ssh-agent is running and before (or at the top)
> /usr/bin/kde3 run ssh-add.   This way keybased assccess with sftp,   ssh session
> in rest

Maybe a

$  cat > kde-ssh-askpass
#!/bin/sh
exec kdialog --password 'give me the mantra'
^D

as another (/etc/)alternative for ssh-askpass  would also.

There's only a suble difference:  On cancel gnome version
return '' + retcode 0, kdialog returns "\n" and retcode 1.

Achim

                                      -- reddy@lion.austin.ibm.com