Re: environment question

This one time, at band camp, Andreas von Heydwolff said:
> Please excuse this quasi newbie question: I am running a testing/sid mix
> with kde 3.0.2 and for compiling small kde apps my /etc/profile reads

<snip environment settings>

> Now I set up a woody box with Ralph's great 3.1 debs, created the same
> /etc/profile entries and links but when trying to compile something
> ./configure always gives me a "qt-mt not found" error.

Take a look at the end of config.log (hopefully it actually generates
one) - configure gives this error whenever a test compile of Qt stuff
goes wrong, but it doesn't mean that it can't actually find it.  I have
seen this error when, for instance, I'm compiling with g++-3.2 but the
Qt libs are compiled with g++-2.95.  Take a look at the error messages
towards the end of config.log, and go from there.

|  Stephen Gran                  | The most important service rendered by  |
|  steve@lobefin.net             | the press is that of educating people   |
|  http://www.lobefin.net/~steve | to approach printed matter with         |
|  			         | distrust.                               |