Re: Remote sessions

On Wednesday 15 January 2003 09:28 pm, Matt Sheffield wrote:
> I tried everyone's suggestions but none of them works. Telnet doesn't work
and
> ssh -X didn't work, either. The error message was:
> Error: Can't open display:

This usually means the DISPLAY variable is not set.  Is that the exact
message, or does it say what the display actually is set to?

In csh/tcsh:

% setenv DISPLAY the_computer_youre_at:0.0

> access control enabled, only authorized clients can connect
> INET: host2.domain.suffix

I'm not sure what this means, it's a little different from the message I see.

"Some things are too important to be taken seriously"