konqueror file browser not closing dirs on window close?

Hello debian-kde.

I recently tried to change "memory saving" option in file browsing settings
from "none" to "all", to open all new konqueror windows in the old
konqueror process. Seems that it really saves several tens of megabytes of
memory in my environment (I often have >20 konq windows open on different
desktops), making system noticably faster.

Unfortunately, I found this configuration unusable because konq seems not to
close directories once opened.
If I open /cdrom in konq, and then close window, /cdrom remeins open by
process konq (lsof shows it), and it is impossible to unmount and eject
cdrom untill konq process exits (that means, ALL konq windows are closed -
than happens almost never here).

This happens with 3.0.4 debs installed several months ago from kde.org.
Is this bug fixed in 3.1? A fix badly wanted ...