ogg and 3.1

Using Karolina's packages, decoding any ogg file in noatun uses 25-40% of my
cpu (PIII 750Mhz, 768Meg ram), and skips horribly (unlistenably).  Playing
the same file using ogg123 works perfectly, as do mp3s in noatun.
Confirmation of the problem?  Possible fix?  I'm running 2.4.19 with the
pre-empt patch, and artswrapper is installed suid, and real-time is turned on
in kcontrol->sound.  Since about 2/3rds of my collection is in .ogg, this is
rather painful :-(
--
D.A.Bishop