Re: Relation of debs and KDE CVS?

On Wednesday 27 November 2002 13:17, Ben Burton wrote:
> > It should be possible to build debian packages straight out of CVS.
> > You may have issues with some modules, but as we are currently in a
> > feature freeze, there should be no problems with files being moved
> > around, breaking the builds.
>
> Well.. that's what I'd thought too. :)
>
> Peter Hawkins just pointed out to me a build failure in kdeaddons
> resulting from one of the noatun plugins being pulled out of the
> release several days ago.

Okay, but that's one of the things one has to deal with, when building
from CVS. I'd be willing to bring this upon me, if there are
significant benefits of tracking CVS. I don't think there's a point for
users to do this, but I'm vaguely thinking of doing some development in
the kio and pim areas.

What concerns me, right now, is that it'll take build times won't be fun
on my lowly 450 MHz Celeron. Time to upgrade...

Michael

--
Michael Schuerig                  If at first you don't succeed...
mailto:schuerig@acm.org           try, try again.