Compiling KDE 3.0.5

Hi,

I wanted to upgrade my kde from 3.0.1 to 3.0.5, thorugh source
compiling, as I don't want this from deb's.

The problem is, that somehow the kdeartwork configure script seems
"broken" to me. It tries to compile the following test program, to test
wether QT-lib has OpenGL support

|#include <qglwidget.h>
|
|intmain ()
|{
|
|     QGLWidget = new QGLWidget(0);
|     ;
|     return 0;
|}

The first thing is, that there is no qglwidget.h in qt-lib, the header
for all OpenGL-things in QT is qgl.h. The second ist the line with new,
I'm no C++ professional but IMHO this would not compile on any C++
System. (Correct me if I'm wrong with this.)

So, thats the first thing, the next is the check for System-OpenGL
support, there a program is linked agains MesaGL and MesaGLU, which both
don't exist here as I'm using xlibmesa from Xfree86 4.2.1 and I also
have NVIDIA GLX driver here.

I thought I could solve both if I change the configure script, for the
first problem this works, but for the second I get a large number of
undefined references in libGLU (I changed -lMesaGL to -lGL and -lMesaGLU
to -lGLU).

Can somebody give me a hint how to solve this? I already asked on
kde@mail.kde.org, but didn't get any answer.

Thanks in advance

Andreas

--
In der ersten Hälfte des Lebens opfert man seine Gesundheit,
um Geld zu verdienen.