Re: encoding ogg in konqueror

Hi,
lame support is not enabled in the "official" debs.

I fixed it this way:
1. Build lame debs: get sources, untar, cd lame-3.92/debian, chmod u+x rules
(this is a bug in the lame sources),  cd .. ; dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot
-uc -us
2. Install the new debs: cd ..; dpkg -i whatever_the_packages_are_called.deb
(I installed all the lame libs)
3. Get the kdebase sources: apt-get -t sid source kdebase (edit your
sources.list if necessary)
4. Build new kioslave (and all the kdebase packages): cd kdebase-3.0.4;
dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -uc -us (this takes some time...)
5. Install the new kioslave: cd ..; dpkg -i kioslave_3.0.4-1_i386.deb

If you like some extra reward for compiling all the stuff just edit your rules
file in kdebase-3.0.4/debian and uncomment two lines thus enabling i686
optimization. The lines are clearly indicated.

Hope this helps.

--Felix