Debian kpovmodeler (was: configure error on debian woody kde 2.2.2)

Gerhard,

Sorry about my last advice.  It seems that getting QT OpenGL support, KDE2 and
QT2, under Debian is not going to be straight forward process, due to the way
these packages have been complied to work together... I think you could get
it to work, but that would involve recompiling most of those binary packages
before you even get to work with kpovmodeller. It would also appear that this
is a large part of the reason kpovmodeller has dumped QT Open GL requirement
for later versions.

The good news however is that the KDE3 package is actually quite straight
forward to build, even within Debian.  Of course this means you need KDE3
installed according to http://calc.cx/kde.txt, which is something you said
you wanted to avoid.

Anyway once you have KDE3 installed then to build the kpovmodeler-0.2 you will
only need to have the following installed: glutg3-dev, libqt3-dev,
kdelibs4-dev.

Or I have put together a quick and dirty .deb for the KDE3 version at
http://people.debian.org/~msp/.  If there is enough interested I could tidy
it up and install into the main archive for you (once KDE3 hits sid of
course).

Mark