Re: Woody debs of the KDE_3_1_BRANCH available -kdepim and noatun

On Saturday 28 December 2002 07:14, Ralf Nolden wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've build a set of woody debs (that's moving to the release) from
> the KDE_3_1_BRANCH which will be merged into RC6 I think. Included in
> this build are backports of directfb, xine-lib and xine-ui from
> unstable; all version numbers in the revision lower so you can update
> to sid if you like. Packages file is included, so a deb line like:
>
> deb http://ktown.kde.org/~nolden/kde-3.1-branch/woody ./
>
> should work for you.
>
> The checkout is from yesterday (Dec 27). If you like me to add
> third-party KDE debs, speak up :-)
>
> Ralf

Ralph,
Thanks much for these packages.  I had been wondering if it would be
possible to backport 3.1 to Woody and am wondering no longer.  :)

Everything so far seems great (in the little time I've had to test)
except:
1. kaddressbook seems to be orphaned - shouldn't it be part of the
depends for kdepim?
2. noatun was crashing[1], and this was not solved by the usual generic
fixes of cleaning out /tmp , ~/.DCOP* and  ~/.mcop etc.   A recompile
using a 021229 snaphot tar.gz package  has solved that for me.
 (though it was a bit of a hack to get debuild to work)
Will you be providing some source packages too at some point ?

As a side note,  I compiled it --with-lame which I realize can not be
done with official packages, so I have mp3 dirs with audiocd://    :)

Thanks again for your great work!

all the best,
Robert_L

[1] if you are at all interested the backtrace is here:
http://phebehouse.dyndns.org/pub/noatun.backtrace