Re: Woody debs of the KDE_3_1_BRANCH available -kdepim and noatun

On Montag, 30. Dezember 2002 03:02, Robert wrote:
> On Saturday 28 December 2002 07:14, Ralf Nolden wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've build a set of woody debs (that's moving to the release) from
> > the KDE_3_1_BRANCH which will be merged into RC6 I think. Included in
> > this build are backports of directfb, xine-lib and xine-ui from
> > unstable; all version numbers in the revision lower so you can update
> > to sid if you like. Packages file is included, so a deb line like:
> >
> > deb http://ktown.kde.org/~nolden/kde-3.1-branch/woody ./
> >
> > should work for you.
> >
> > The checkout is from yesterday (Dec 27). If you like me to add
> > third-party KDE debs, speak up :-)
> >
> > Ralf
>
> Ralph,
> Thanks much for these packages.  I had been wondering if it would be
> possible to backport 3.1 to Woody and am wondering no longer.  :)
>
> Everything so far seems great (in the little time I've had to test)
> except:
> 1. kaddressbook seems to be orphaned - shouldn't it be part of the
> depends for kdepim?
I'll check that later. Right now I feel very much that the whole thing sucked
due to the imlib problems :-/  so this time I'll use teambuilder to package
the stuff once and for all :-)

> 2. noatun was crashing[1], and this was not solved by the usual generic
> fixes of cleaning out /tmp , ~/.DCOP* and  ~/.mcop etc.   A recompile
> using a 021229 snaphot tar.gz package  has solved that for me.
>  (though it was a bit of a hack to get debuild to work)
Can't say much about that yet.

> Will you be providing some source packages too at some point ?
Yes, but I'm lucky enough to upload the binaries over DSL. I guess the best is
to only upload sources for the release, otherwise I'll never get the binaries
uploaded at all - DSL is really a pain when it comes to uploading :-/

> As a side note,  I compiled it --with-lame which I realize can not be
> done with official packages, so I have mp3 dirs with audiocd://    :)
I use to do that with my packages, too :-) but as you say, can't be done with
official packages.

Ralf

> Thanks again for your great work!
>
> all the best,
> Robert_L
>
> [1] if you are at all interested the backtrace is here:
> http://phebehouse.dyndns.org/pub/noatun.backtrace

- --
Ralf Nolden
nolden@kde.org