xmms won't work after installing Realplayer

Hi,
I have a debian 2.4.19, kde 3.0.3 sytem on my laptop.
I installed ALSA on it and everything went fine and
XMMS was also working fine
but then I installed Realplayer and now the realplayer
is working fine but the xmms gives out distorted (
crooked ) sound .
problem no 2:
not everything plays on realplayer I tried to play a
something from my opera browser using realplayer it
gives distorted sound ( something like noise ).
can anybody please help .
thanks in advance
suresh