Re: html documentation for kde

lördagen den 28 september 2002 05.32 skrev Tim Wheeler:

> in my scenario, neither 1 nor 4 would be ideal.  i don't necessarily want
> the extra docs on my work machine or the actual programs on the server.  i
> like 3 best.  then both the program and the docs could just link to the
> images.

If the images would be separated, it would require either a package for each
single application, or that always get the images for all packages in a kde
module even if you only install one. Both a bad idea.

So how about another solution A+B
A) A special "html documentation package", containing the html documentation +
the images, but that can't be installed together with the program.
B) Docbook documentation + images are together with the program always. If
someone who installs the program want the html documentation, they are
generated from the docbook at installation time (or later if so desired).

So in this scenario the html documentation package is only meant for
installation on servers. After all, the html doc package is a bad idea if
someone only want a single program, since you get documentation for all
packages in a kde module. And then you would really want to have the
documentation in your own language. Not everyone speaks english.

-- Karolina