Re: konqueor 3.0.3: not correctly handle charset=gb2312

Yang Shouxun wrote:
 > Konqueror in KDE 3.0.3 does not always display Chinese pages correctly.
 > After some efforts, I narrow it down to this.
 >
 > If the webpage contains a line such as
 > --->8---
 > --->8---
 > to specify the charset to be used, konqueror 3.0.3 will not correctly
 > display the page. Some Chinese characters are missing, showing just a
 > blank space instead.
 >
 > For an instance, http://www.lingchina.org
 >
 > When I save the page to hard disk, remove "; charset=gb2312", and reload
 > the file in Konqueror, all works file.

Further exploration reveals that is not the whole story. I found that
the debian Chinese Faq (debian-zh-faq-s package) has webpages with
--->8---
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=gb2312">
--->8---
but Konqueror 3.0.3 has no problem.