konqueor 3.0.3: not correctly handle charset=gb2312

Konqueror in KDE 3.0.3 does not always display Chinese pages correctly. After some efforts, I narrow it down to this.

If the webpage contains a line such as
--->8---
--->8---
to specify the charset to be used, konqueror 3.0.3 will not correctly display the page. Some Chinese characters are missing, showing just a blank space instead.

For an instance, http://www.lingchina.org

When I save the page to hard disk, remove "; charset=gb2312", and reload the file in Konqueror, all works file.