Re: OpenOffice in KMenu??

I have the same problem, the menus scattered all over. I missed the beginning of the thread. Can you tell me where you got the last version from? Or a quick summary perhaps?

Bruce wrote:

I have both an OpenOffice.org menu and the individual components are sprinkled about the menu (like writer in editors). I would think the the folks on debian-openoffice would know the answer to your question.
Sounds like an old version of the packages.

openoffice.org (1.0.1-1) experimental; urgency=low
[ ...]
 * Bring back global desktop integration without cluttering the home
directory
   thanks to Gwenole's method of editing instdb.ins after setup
 * KDE desktop interation is tested, Gnome not yet.
[...]

Do you have at least this version?

This was the problem; something to do with my /etc/apt/sources.list and my mistake with respect to apt-pinning, which resulted in my thinking I had the latest version. I didn't.
Works fine now, thanks to all!

Bruce