Re: KDE3.1 beta, kmail: no imap?

måndagen den 2 september 2002 12.03 skrev Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von
Bidder:
> Yo!
>
> kmail can not start the kioslave?
>
> =======
> [avbidder@atlas avbidder]$ kmail
> kmail: KMKernel::openReader called
> kio (KSycoca): WARNING: Found version 49, expecting version 59 or
> higher.
> kio (KSycoca): WARNING: Outdated database found

You have a mixture of old and new KDE. Check all KDE components on your
computer, and see to that they are all the same version. Sometimes some piece
of KDE from some old version is hanging around, since even the official
debian KDE versions were not always very good at removing old components.

I am not sure which component is wrong here. Kmail is particularly picky in
needing the same version of kdelibs and kdebase. I guess it should have a
dependency for that, if I could ever figure out exactly what it needs....
kioslave definitively. Probably also kdelibs4-bin it appears like.

-- Karolina