Re: KDE3.1 beta, kmail: no imap?

On Mon, 2002-09-02 at 12:52, Karolina Lindqvist wrote:
> måndagen den 2 september 2002 12.03 skrev Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von
> Bidder:
> > Yo!
> >
> > kmail can not start the kioslave?
> >
> > =======
> > [avbidder@atlas avbidder]$ kmail
> > kmail: KMKernel::openReader called
> > kio (KSycoca): WARNING: Found version 49, expecting version 59 or
> > higher.
> > kio (KSycoca): WARNING: Outdated database found
>
> You have a mixture of old and new KDE. Check all KDE components on your
> computer, and see to that they are all the same version. Sometimes some piece
> of KDE from some old version is hanging around, since even the official
> debian KDE versions were not always very good at removing old components.
>
> I am not sure which component is wrong here. Kmail is particularly picky in
> needing the same version of kdelibs and kdebase. I guess it should have a
> dependency for that, if I could ever figure out exactly what it needs....
> kioslave definitively. Probably also kdelibs4-bin it appears like.

kdelibs4-bin was the problem (kmail started after I updated this), and
apparently also libkonq4 (the version warning went away after I deleted
this). But I can't view my INBOX (other folders work).

And the threading problems are still not solved. Also, I'm not too sure
if I like the UI on gpg messages, so I think I'll wait a few versions
until trying again. Thanks for the help, though.

cheers
-- vbi

--
secure email with gpg                        http://fortytwo.ch/gpg

NOTICE: keyserver.kjsl.com is known to carry a valid copy of my key