KDE3.1 beta, kmail: no imap?

Yo!

kmail can not start the kioslave?

=======
[avbidder@atlas avbidder]$ kmail
kmail: KMKernel::openReader called
kio (KSycoca): WARNING: Found version 49, expecting version 59 or
higher.
kio (KSycoca): WARNING: Outdated database found
=======

this may be related. Dunno.

Later:
======
kmail: ERROR: ERROR 3: couldn't create slave : Unable to create
io-slave:
klauncher said: Unknown protocol 'imap'.
======

with a dialog box coming up. OKing the box shows the same message again.

ii  kmail          3.0.7.cvs20020824-1
ii  kioslave       3.0.7.cvs20020824-1

Don't know anything about KDE. I won't install/uninstall KDE pkgs for
now, so just say if you need more information.

BTW: last time I tried kmail, it did not thread messages properly (I
haven't analyzed it, but I guess it doesn't do threading by Subject, and
it only recognizes half of the possible headers.) Meaning that many
replies were shown as a new thread. Is this fixed? If not I needn't even
bother to try.

cheers
-- vbi

--
secure email with gpg                        http://fortytwo.ch/gpg

NOTICE: keyserver.kjsl.com is known to carry a valid copy of my key