RE: Woody

Thanks for your comments...

Tamas

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Ibbotson [mailto:richard@sheflug.co.uk]
Sent: Monday, August 05, 2002 1:03 PM
To: Tomas Pospisek's Mailing Lists
Cc: debian-kde@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: Woody

Hi

Following Tomas Pospiseks advice of last week I went to the web page
he described and did what it said at that page...

> http://mypage.bluewin.ch/kde3-debian/

Following on from that I now find that there are a number of problems
with this page which I would like to resolve so that I can make an
attempt at installing KDE3 if it's possible.  To start with some of
the download URLS that are described do not work..

deb http://arachni.kiwi.uni-hamburg.de/~harlekin/debs/

the above is a malformed line according to apt-get.  What do I change
?

deb http://www.ping.uio.no/~mortehu/kde-i386 ./

error 404 Not Found

deb http://people.debian.org/~schepler kdegames/   # kdegames
deb http://people.debian.org/~msp ./  # kmerlin
deb http://ftp.es.debian.org/~ender/ ./ # xmmsarts
deb http://people.debian.org/~njordan kde3.0/    # KDevelop 2.1.1

error 404 Not Found

deb ftp://ftp.kvirc.net/kvirc/snapshots/debian/kde3 ./ # kvirc

error 302 Not Found

What should I put rather than the above ?  Other issues...

"Update package sources:
apt-get update
Clean the package cache:
apt-get clean"

Fine

"Install libqt3 3.0.4: available in unstable/SID"

Can you describe a path to this ?  I don't know where to download
from.

"Install arts:
apt-get install arts"

What is the exact name of the package and where do I get it from ?

"Install kdebase (~20 MB):
apt-get install kdebase kdelibs3"

Where from ?  Any help greatly appreciated :)

--
Thanks

Richard

www.sheflug.co.uk