Re: Woody

On Monday 05 August 2002 12:02, Richard Ibbotson wrote:

> deb http://www.ping.uio.no/~mortehu/kde-i386 ./
>
> error 404 Not Found

This should be:

  deb http://kde.ping.uio.no/i386 ./

> deb http://people.debian.org/~njordan kde3.0/    # KDevelop 2.1.1
>
> error 404 Not Found

people.debian.org is temporarily unavailable whilst it is begin moved - use
klecker.debian.org in the men time until people.debian.org is ready.

> deb ftp://ftp.kvirc.net/kvirc/snapshots/debian/kde3 ./ # kvirc
>
> error 302 Not Found

The kvirc debs are not apt-gettable. You should go to the specified location
with an ftp client (try your web browser) and download the debs manually.
Install using dpkg -i <package-name.deb>

> "Install libqt3 3.0.4: available in unstable/SID"
>
> Can you describe a path to this ?  I don't know where to download
> from.

The appropriate qt packages are only currently in the sid "distribution" of
Debian. You can get these but adding an "unstable" line your your
/etc/apt/sources.list:

  deb ftp://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian unstable main contrib non-free

for example, and running:

  apt-get update && apt-get install libqt3 -t unstable

> "Install arts:
> apt-get install arts"
>
> What is the exact name of the package and where do I get it from ?

You should just run:

  apt-get update && apt-get install arts

> "Install kdebase (~20 MB):
> apt-get install kdebase kdelibs3"
>
> Where from ?  Any help greatly appreciated :)

Just run:

  apt-get update && apt-get install kdebase kdelibs

Paul Cupis
- --
paul@cupis.co.uk